After reading Impulse by Vanessa Garden, I thought it would be a bit of fun if I got creative and made a bookish survival kit for the novel!
A bookish survival kit is a list of things either you need as a reader or that the characters need in order to survival. They aren’t serious (I’m not having Miranda pack a bug out bag complete with hunting knifes and duct tape) but rather meant as a bit of fun.
If you’ve not read Captivate (Submerged Sun #1) or Impulse (Submerged Sun #2), let me give you a brief intro to the series. Miranda Sun gets kidnapped and taken to Marin, a Utopian underwater city on the bottom of the ocean. The king, Marko, wants her to help him save the city but there was evil forces at work – including and rather sinister, mermaid obsessed prince. There’s romance, people with hidden agendas and a gorgeous under the sea setting.
Here are the things I could include in my survival kit for Impulse:
- A good book to read when you’re being held captive by an underwater world king (Impulse is a good choice but if you’re wanting to mix things up a bit you could choose something different. It seems Miranda and I share a love of Ken Follett!)
- A love of seafood – especially prawns! (Living under the sea probably comes with a diet heavy in sea creatures)
- Butterflies (To remind you of Robbie and of the good times gardening above the surface. Also – what do you think of my origami skills? 😀 )
- Water proof bags (a necessity when you are moving to the bottom of the ocean)
- Tea (for when you need comforting. Being snatched way from the surface – as well as all the things Miranda sees – tea is a necessity)
- Crocheted Blanket (for late night strategy sessions. And considering how dicey the political situation is in Marin – there will probably be a few all-night chats)
- Camera (The underwater city of Marin sounds beautiful. Almost unbelievable in its wonders. A camera is a must have!)
- A mask (Just in case the king asks you to a masquerade ball and you need something to wear. Or in case he doesn’t invite you and you gatecrash in disguise).
So that’s my survival kit for Vanessa Garden’s Impulse. What do you think? 🙂 Anything I’m missing that you think would be mandatory to enjoy the beautiful city of Marin? Thanks for reading and hope you have a great weekend!