Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
1. Rachael Craw (author of Spark) – I love Rachael. She’s incredibly funny and her book, Spark, was such a great take on DNA, kick arse heroines and some lovely characters. She’s currently the author in residence at Inside a Dog and so far I have LOVED reading her posts. Can’t wait to read more from her!
2. AJ Betts (author of Zac & Mia) – Zac & Mia was a different look at the teenage cancer story. Zac is swoonworthy and Mia has a realistic approach to such a difficult situation. I didn’t want their story to end and I really should go out and read more from AJ Betts!
3. E Lockhart (author of We Were Liars) – I read We Were Liars a few months ago and loved the style. I definitely need to read more by E Lockhart!
4. Kylie Fornsier (author of Masquerade) – Okay, so I’m a bit of a cheerleader for this book because I had such a great time reading Masquerade. I loved the flamboyance of a Venice of the past and the mysteries among the high society set. I want people to be aware of this book because I want a sequel!
5. Cristin Terrill (author of All Our Yesterdays) – This book was one of my favourites which I read last year. I’m not normally into time travel but this one was executed perfectly. I want more!
6. Marie Rutkoski (author of The Winner’s Curse) – Isn’t it great when you read a book you loved and it’s the first in a trilogy? Very excited there are two more books in this series because the Winner’s Curse was fantastic.
7. Gabrielle Tozer (author of The Intern) – I finished this one last night. It was great. I want to know what happens next. So I think that makes it qualify for this list. Not a want but a NEED to read more by this author!
8. Laurie Halse Anderson (author of The Impossible Knife of Memory) – I’ve heard the most amazing things about LHA and I loved The Impossible Knife of Memory. But it was an emotional ride and I think I just needed to some time before diving back into her incredibly style.
9. Amie Kaufman (co-author of These Broken Stars) – I’m just eager for the sequel! I heard her speak a few weeks ago about this trilogy and the short story and… I just NEED for November to come to read This Shattered World!
10. Gayle Forman (author of If I Stay) – I saw the If I Stay movie the other day. I’d read the book but now having seen the film I feel an intense need to read the second book, Where She Went.
Which authors do you NEED to read more from? Any we have in common? From my list are there any authors you would recommend? All comments are welcome. 🙂
I definitely can’t wait to read more from Rachael Craw, Kylie Fornasier and Gabrielle Tozer in particular since I loved their books so much. Ooh I’ve been wanting to get to ‘All Our Yesterdays’ for the longest time (especially since I already have a copy), so that one’s being pushed up the TBR for sure. In all, great list Kate! 🙂
So many great authors here!! I really have to read Zac and Mia soon 🙂 and Masquerade as well! The Impossible Knife of Memory was my first Laurie Halse Anderson book – HIGHLY recommend Wintergirls, which was absolutely amazing. Gabrielle Tozer and Amie Kaufman/Meagan Spooner were also on my list – thank goodness there are sequels to those amazing books!!!
E. Lockhart made my list for the exact same reason! I really want to read Zac and Mia and as for Gayle Forman can I recommend Just One Day? I absolutely love those books and while they definitely aren’t as heart wrenching as If I Stay they are still epic. =)
This list is beautiful, Kate! I absolutely adore Gayle Forman and Amie Kaufman but I think I seriously need to get around to some of those other Aussie authors like Kylie and Gabrielle – they seem like such lovely people and I’ve wanted their books for ages. Lovely choices 🙂
So many authors on this list that I haven’t read at all and I NEED to! Thanks for the reminder! 😉 I did read and love We Were Liars too, though, and now am interested in Ms. Lockhart’s other books.
While I loved the story of We Were Liars, the writing style just annoyed the hell out of me… It’ll be a long time before I pick up another Lockhart book! As for Gayle Forman, I loved If I stay and it’s sequel Where She Went… It was a nice conclusion to the first book 🙂
Amie Kaufman was on my list for the same reason!!! I adored the first book in the trilogy (though, to my shame, I haven’t read the short story in the verse). Need to get to it as well! Great list 🙂
I’ve seen Zac & Mia at the bookstore lately, and almost bought it because it looked really sweet. I’m glad you enjoyed it!
YES TO MORE RUTKOSKI! She’s on my list today as well 😀
I’ve never read anything from Anderson, but The Impossible Knife of Memory is one I’ve been wanting to read for a while, along with Wintergirls.
I’m really looking forward to This Shattered World; just a few more months now!
I really liked We Were Liars too, and Lockhart made my list today. There’s loads on here I’d like to read, and I love the cover for Spark!
There’s a few books here that I’d like to read… but I haven’t yet. I’ve read If I Stay, but didn’t like it enough to want to read any more from that author.
Ooh, this list is filled with wonderful authors! 😀
This post reminds me that I really need to get my butt into gear and read Spark, Zac & Mia, The Intern and The Impossible Knife of Memory!! They’ve all been on my TBR since before their publication – it’s a bit shameful that I haven’t read any of them yet.
Kylie Fornasier, Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner and Gayle Forman made my honourable mentions, and Marie Rutkoski really should have!