Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
1. Rachael Craw (author of Spark) – I love Rachael. She’s incredibly funny and her book, Spark, was such a great take on DNA, kick arse heroines and some lovely characters. She’s currently the author in residence at Inside a Dog and so far I have LOVED reading her posts. Can’t wait to read more from her!
2. AJ Betts (author of Zac & Mia) – Zac & Mia was a different look at the teenage cancer story. Zac is swoonworthy and Mia has a realistic approach to such a difficult situation. I didn’t want their story to end and I really should go out and read more from AJ Betts!
3. E Lockhart (author of We Were Liars) – I read We Were Liars a few months ago and loved the style. I definitely need to read more by E Lockhart!
4. Kylie Fornsier (author of Masquerade) – Okay, so I’m a bit of a cheerleader for this book because I had such a great time reading Masquerade. I loved the flamboyance of a Venice of the past and the mysteries among the high society set. I want people to be aware of this book because I want a sequel!
5. Cristin Terrill (author of All Our Yesterdays) – This book was one of my favourites which I read last year. I’m not normally into time travel but this one was executed perfectly. I want more!
6. Marie Rutkoski (author of The Winner’s Curse) – Isn’t it great when you read a book you loved and it’s the first in a trilogy? Very excited there are two more books in this series because the Winner’s Curse was fantastic.
7. Gabrielle Tozer (author of The Intern) – I finished this one last night. It was great. I want to know what happens next. So I think that makes it qualify for this list. Not a want but a NEED to read more by this author!
8. Laurie Halse Anderson (author of The Impossible Knife of Memory) – I’ve heard the most amazing things about LHA and I loved The Impossible Knife of Memory. But it was an emotional ride and I think I just needed to some time before diving back into her incredibly style.
9. Amie Kaufman (co-author of These Broken Stars) – I’m just eager for the sequel! I heard her speak a few weeks ago about this trilogy and the short story and… I just NEED for November to come to read This Shattered World!
10. Gayle Forman (author of If I Stay) – I saw the If I Stay movie the other day. I’d read the book but now having seen the film I feel an intense need to read the second book, Where She Went.
Which authors do you NEED to read more from? Any we have in common? From my list are there any authors you would recommend? All comments are welcome. 🙂