It’s Tuesday! And that means it’s time to participate in the meme created by Broke and Bookish where bloggers share their top ten based on a given topic.
Today’s Topic is: Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (or non-book bookworm items)
And I can only list ten?!
Not counting collectors editions (have you seen all those gorgeous offerings from Folio Books? Those are masterpieces), here are ten books I would love Santa to leave me this year.
- A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray. It’s the third book in the Firebird Trilogy I’ve been wanting to read it since I finished the second book. Definitely going to be buying myself a copy soon if I don’t get one from Santa.
2. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I’ve wanted to read this one since high school but never managed to get my hands on a copy.
3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Yep. I still haven’t read this one but I really want to.
4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It’s a classic. I want a copy! And you know… heard amazing things about it and Plath’s writing in general.
5. And Another Thing…. by Eoin Colfer. I loved the original Hitchhiker’s Guide series. I’d love to see what a different authors take is like.
6. The complete Soulless series by Gail Carriger. I have read these books but would love a copy for my shelves. So much easier to force my nearest and dearest to read the books I adore when I can literally shove physical copies into their hands.
7. The Protected by Claire Zorn. Because she’s a master storyteller. Seriously. Stories which make your heart break in the best kind of way.
8. Head of the River by Pip Harry. I’ve heard good things and this looks like it’s about sport but not quite like sports novels I’ve read before.
So my list was only eight. I was trying to mix it up a little and put different books and authors than the ones that nearly always appear on the books I want to read/ wishlist/ TBR top ten tuesday posts.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season! 😀
A Million Worlds With You looks good, I just read her Star Wars books and liked them. And Another Thing is new to me- part six of three lol. Looks good. 🙂
Head of the River and The Protected both sound really interesting. I had no idea Colfer was adding on to the Hitchhiker series. A bit like Sophie Hannah writing Agatha Christie novels, only Adams hasn’t been dead very long! The cover on A Million Worlds With You is really cool. The colors, the realistic/sci fi split, the sense that the artist actually read the book–makes me want to pick it up.
I love seeing The Help on people’s lists because it’s one of my favourite books. I hope you get some of these books under your tree! Have a lovely Christmas!
A Million Worlds with you has a really gorgeous cover <3 I haven't read any of the books from your list and hope you can get your hands on them soon 🙂
Oh I would love to start the Firebird trilogy or the Soulless series. Great list, hope you’ll find some of these under your tree 🙂 Happy Holidays!
Everyone seems to love A Million Worlds With You. I need to add it to my wishlist too! I still haven’t read The Help as well. It’s been on my TBR forever!
I know, right? Oddly enough, I only had 9 on my list today because I can’t freaking format the pics to save my life. Grrr.
I hope you’ll get everything you want this Christmas!
Excellent list. I definitely want to read A Million Worlds With You. The Protected sounds really good too. Enjoy your holidays!!
The Alchemist looks good. Great choices!
The Help is an excellent read. I hope you receive it for the holidays :D.
I’m curious about the Hitchhiker’s Guide book as well. Adams’ style is so distinctive I think it’d be interesting to see what someone else does with the story. The Gail Carriger books look so good and I love the look of the Claudia Gray books. Great list!
I really enjoyed The Help, both the movie and the book. Great list, Kate and thank you for stopping by. 🙂
I definitely need to continue the Firebird trilogy. 🙂
Check out my TTT and my current giveaways.