Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books When I Need Something Light and Fun
To be honest – most of what I read is fairly light. When life can get me down I want something to lift me up rather than bog me down emotionally.
These are just a few of my favourites:
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight AND This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
- Pretty much anything by Meg Cabot (Both YA and Adult novels)
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Most books by Sophie Kinsella (especially the Shopaholic series)
- Anna and the French Kiss AND Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
- Got Fangs AND Circus of the Damned by Katie Maxwell
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Anyone agree with any of my choices? Or have some fantastically different ones? I’d love to hear from you. 🙂
We picked a bunch of the same books. I actually started Anna and the French Kiss last night after including it on my list, none of which I have actually read…
I hope you’re enjoying Anna!
You have some of my all-time favorite comfort reads here like Perkins, Dash & Lily and Statistical. I need to check out Jessica Darling finally. Those books sound so cute. Great recs!
We definitely have some books in common, plus you have a few that I didn’t put on my list but that I love as well — Dash & Lily, the Stephanie Perkins books, Statistical Probability! All great choices!
Yay! Harry Potter made someone else’s list too 🙂
Harry Potter is PERFECT! for any opportunity 😀 Glad you’re as much of a HP fan as I am.
Awesome list!!! I totally did not think of Dash and Lily’s book of Dares!!! Love that book!!!
Thanks for stopping by my TTT
Isn’t it fantastic! I also love The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan and have recently bought Will Grayson/will grayson to read too!
How could I forget Meg Cabot??? Not sure, but somehow I did 😉 Great list!
Here’s my top ten for this week
Daisy from Paramour Books
I feel like that every time I see someone’s list! There’ someone or some book that when I see it on their lists feel SO OBVIOUS!
Thanks for visiting 🙂
I’ve read and loved many of these books, though I didn’t think of them for my list. I’m definitely checking out Stephanie Perkins now!
I really like Stephanie Perkins. They’re sweet books that are also have a bit more depth than the typical contemporary YA romance. Thanks for stopping by.