Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want To Read (books you may have bought but aren’t sure if you are into it anymore, books you wanted to read but heard mixed things about, hyped books you aren’t sure about — basically any book that has you going, “TO READ OR NOT TO READ?”
My problem is that I’m a bit of a book hoarder. I seem to buy a lot more than I read and as a result have many on my shelves that have been there for years and I’ve not got around to reading quite yet.
MY list this week is books that I’ve bought but I’m not sure if I should make the time to read them because I’m not quite sure the are my thing.
- Hush Hush by Becca Fitzgerald – I own the entire series but I’ve been put off by many of the reviews I’ve read. Angel books in general are not my thing but recently I’ve read some fantastic ones (like the Rephaim series or the Avena series) but I’m hesitant to read Hush Hush.
- Tiger’s Quest by Colleen Houck – This book was on sale so I snapped it up but now I can’t find a copy of the first book in the series. This seems to happen to me quite a bit. I buy a book and then have to quest to find the previous ones in the series.
- Venom by Fiona Paul
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Evernight series by Claudia Gray – I must have really wanted to read this one because I have the entire series and not one but two copies of the first book. I’ve heard that it’s a great series for fans of Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series and maybe that’s what’s keeping this series on my to-read list rather than have read.
- Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles – I’ve never read a Simone Elkeles novel and yet own three of them. I heard good things but got 10% into Perfect Chemistry and couldn’t finish it.
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith – I picked up a copy of this book for $2 and I’d heard great things. It won all sorts of awards and I remember them mentioning it once on Vicar of Dibley. But I’ve never read it.
- Thoughtless by SC Stephens – I have the first two books in this series but at the time I wasn’t a fan of New Adult novels. So why did I buy them? I have absolutely no idea.
- The Pledge by Kimberley Derting – I love the idea of this book but I’m a little worried it won’t live up to the hype which was surrounding it when I picked up a copy.
- The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling – Like many people I bought a copy of The Casual Vacancy the day it was released… and then never read it. Maybe it’s because the cover reminds me of vegemite, maybe it’s that after 20 pages I decided to set it aside for something a bit more action packed. I’m not entirely sure. But this is another book I own and have yet to read.
Have you read any of the books on my list? Are there any you think I should stop avoiding and read already? Feel free to leave me a comment. Happy Tuesday! 🙂