Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List
You may ask – What is a bookish bucket list?
It’s more or less a collection of book related things you want to achieve during your life. These could be things like X number of books you want to have read, a genre you want to break in to, meeting authors – that sort of thing.
I had so much fun coming up with my ten and I’m going to actively work at trying achieve crossing them off my list.
- Make a vlog post
• I’ve always wanted to make a video blog post but haven’t had the nerve. I watch so many fabulous vloggers and one day I’ll try my hand at making one.
- Create more bookish crafts
• I’m a fairly crafty person. I love making new things and I think I should try and combine my love of books and craft more often. I recently took up crocheting and made myself a Luna Lovegood inspired scarf. Watch this space- there will be more crafty book posts in my future.
- Go to famous book related places
• Visit Anne Frank’s house in Amsterdam, walk the streets of Bath like a Jane Austen heroine, experience the magic of where the Harry Potter movies were filmed, go to 221B Baker Street and try to be as deductive as Sherlock Holmes. I want to travel more and go to all sorts of famously bookish places.
- Meet more bloggers
• I love getting the chance to chat with bloggers online. Such a clever and creative and funny bunch of people. I’ve got to meet a few lovely bloggers but I’d enjoy the chance to get to meet more face to face.
- Attend more bookish events
• Book signings, author talks, conferences – I want more! I have gotten to meet some of my favourite authors and I feel lucky for the experiences but I’m greedy and want more. I attended Indie Authors Down Under 2014 on the Gold Coast last Sunday and it was amazing. So yes – more author events would be incredible!
- Be asked to write a review in a publication
• It would be the ultimate validation as a reviewer to be given the honour to write in a publication of some kind.
- Have a dream personal library
• At the moment most of my books are in boxes all over my house. My shelving space ran out long ago I have a lot of fun looking at gorgeous home libraries on pinterest and google. One day I’ll get my dream library and it will be my favourite room in the house.
- Read all the books I already own
• Pretty self explanatory. I’ve read a lot of books… but I own a lot more that I haven’t. I’ve put them aside for various reasons but one day I shall have read them all! One day – I’ll finish Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand!
- Read at least 10 books of poetry and at least 10 graphic novels
• It’s not a genre I read much of. I have two poetry books that I adore but for the most part I don’t read any. I aim to read more. Same with graphic novels. I haven’t read very many but those that I have read were beautifully illustrated and managed to tell some great stories without a lot of words.
- Write a novel
• This one is for myself. No one ever needs to read it but I want to achieve it for myself.
These are the things I would LOVE to achieve some time in my lifetime. Do we have any in common? What is number one on your Bookish Bucket Lists. Feel free to leave me a comment. I love reading what you have to say.