Author Shelly Crane has stopped by with a guest post for the Wide Awake Blog Tour!
1) Favorite food? Alfredo
2) Favorite color? Teal
3) Favorite place? A beach house
4) Favorite music genre? Rock!
5) Favorite band/song? Snow Patrol/Chasing Cars
6) Favorite book genre? YA
7) Favorite book? Vampire Academy by Rachelle Mead
8) What inspires you in everyday life, as a person, not an author? My kids. They are pretty darn hilarious. Music.
9) Do you have any animals? Three dogs: Biff, Tiger & Scrappy.
10) What’s next since Wide Awake is done? Smash Into You. It’s a story about a guy who pushes everyone away because his mother was killed by a man who chases him and he doesn’t know why. So, he’s always on the run and never gets involved with anyone. But when he gets in an accident with a girl, that changes when he realizes that the man has started to chase the girl, too. This time when he skips town, he takes her with him and is determined to find out why these people have always plagued him and what they want with him and this new girl, that infuriates him and makes him want to finally, for once, be able to stay.
Title: Wide Awake
Author: Shelly Crane
Publisher: Self Published
A life she can’t remember.
When Emma Walker wakes up in the hospital with no knowledge of how she got there, she learns that she’s been in a coma for six months. Strangers show up and claim to be her parents, but she can’t remember them. She can’t remember anyone. Not her friends, not even her boyfriend. Even though she can’t remember, everyone wants her to just pick up where she left off, but what she learns about the ‘old her’ makes her start to wish she’d never woken up. Her boyfriend breaks up with the new girl he’s dating to be with her, her parents want her to start planning for college, her friends want their leader back, and her physical therapist with the hazel eyes keeps his distance to save his position at the hospital.
Will she ever feel like she recognizes the girl in the mirror?
About Shelly Crane
Shelly is a YA author from a small town in Georgia and loves everything about the south. She is wife to a wonderful husband and stay at home mom to two boisterous and mischievous boys who keep her on her toes. They currently reside in everywhere USA as they happily travel all over with her husband’s job. She loves to spend time with her family and friends, go out to eat at new restaurants and site see in the new areas they travel to, listen to music and also LOVES to read.
Her own books happen by accident and she revels in the writing and imagination process. She doesn’t go anywhere without her notepad for fear of an idea creeping up and not being able to write it down immediately, even in the middle of the night, where her best ideas are born.
Shelly Crane loves Vampire Academy and Snow Patrol? We must be twins… *insert shifty smiley here*.
But seriously – this book sounds fantastic. Like a YA version of the movie, The Vow, with a difference.
What do you think? Feel free to leave me a comment with your thoughts.