There are a number of books being released this month that I cannot wait to be released so I can read them!
– I’m so glad that I came late to the party for the first book. I only read it last week but I fell in love with the story and the characters and even waiting a week has seemed to be too long! Luckily this book is out today and I pre-ordered it the other day so hopefully I won’t have to wait too long!
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock (Hemlock #1) [May 8th]
– I really enjoy werewolf stories. They are my favourite sub section of the paranormal genre and from the summary of this book it looks like it’s something new and fresh. I really like the look of it and the cover is beautiful. This should be a good one.
- The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry [May 1st]
– I’m still a bit of a newbie to the steam punk genre but the books that I have read have fascinated me. I love the blend of old and bizarre. This book has gotten some great reviews and those, combined with the steam punk aspect, have cemented The Particulars’ place on my to-read list.
– I haven’t heard too much about this book (in fact I only added it to my to-read list this afternoon) but the cover is beautiful and angels are quickly becoming one of my most read supernatural beings. They must be very ‘in’ at the moment. I can’t seem to go anywhere without hearing about another new angel book. And there’s a reason for that. Handsome guys with pretty wings = a winner. Or at least I think that’s the attraction. This book appeals to me because of the idea that a simple kiss can change your entire life.
There are a few other books I’m looking forward too but they are a little more steamy and not really young adult (like the next Sookie Stackhouse book or the third Lords of the Deliverance novel). And they’re all paranormal … I’m sensing a trend here 😛
If anyone could suggest some young adult new releases that ARE NOT paranormal, I’d love it if you could leave me a comment.