Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
It’s been two hours and I still don’t have a single thing on my list for this week.
I think that’s possibly because for most things I’m interested in there have been novels written with those characters or setting or whatever.
Here’s what I’ve come up with for this week’s list:
1. A modern retelling of John Keats and Fanny Brawne’s relationship – epistolary fiction preferably.
2. More modern retellings of the Aladdin and the Lamp story.
3. A story about a psychic who can predict how their future relationships will end before they start. Pretty sure that there will be a twist of fate and they don’t see their soul mate coming.
4. Were turkeys. I’ve always love the idea of a person being able to turn into a turkey. I like shapeshifters but they’re often just human to wolf. I want something a little different. Maybe Elephant weres or people who turn into fish.
5. People who have died get the chance to take a pill that will take them back twenty-four hours and it’s up to them how they change the past. I think I’ve read one or two that are somewhat similar to this but not quite.
6. The Loch Ness Monster reveals himself as the King of Atlantis
7. A psychic is haunted by an ex who helps the psychic right all the wrongs they’ve committed in their life.
8. A novel inspired by this picture
9. or this one
10. Or this one 🙂
I found it really hard to come up with things as well, so I slightly adapted the theme! I love what you’ve come up with though!
Thanks Chrissi! I’ve had a great time looking at other people’s lists…. I think I was thinking a bit too hard about this 😛 It didn’t need to be that hard!
I’d actually love a modern tale Aladdin. I think that’s actually a perfect idea, and surprised that it hasn’t happened it. I’m not ashamed to admit that I had a crush on Aladdin, I realize he’s a cartoon, but so what. I can just imagine a modern day story.
Aly @ My Heart Hearts BooksMy TTT
I’m glad you’re not ashamed – I had a crush too. Aladdin remains one of my favourite Disney movies!
I’m in love with the idea of a modern day Keats/Brawne novel.
I just watched the movie Bright Star and I’m on a bit of a Keats/Brawne kick at the moment.
I love how you made your list so specific, that’s so cool! I especially like #2, #5, and #6, and those pictures are beautiful! Especially the one with the hot air balloon! 😀
Alice @ Alice in Readerland
I spend way too long looking at photos and thinking about the people who live in them and whatnot!
I’d love to see books based on those pictures- if I had any creative bone in my body I’d attempt one because I cannot stop staring at that last picture!!
The Loch Ness Monster as the King of Atlantis is a brilliant idea!!
This is certainly an interesting list! Were-turkeys gave me a bit of a chuckle. Nice job.
Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/
I love number 3 & 5 but the turkey idea is of course the best one! 😉 great list!
I got SO stuck on this topic! Same thing – there are so many amazing books out there that it’s hard to think of something that hasn’t been done! Though I definitely haven’t come across many were-turkeys. Possibly because of Thanksgiving? I love the idea of using images as inspiration – wish I’d thought of that! *takes notes for next time*
This list is fantastic!! I don’t know how I couldn’t think of retelling of Aladdin and the Lamp story but that would be epic! Thanks for stopping by earlier
3. You need to write this book!
4. Hahaha this is brilliant. I love reading about shifters, although werewolves have become kind of standard. Rachel Vincent’s series is a good one though, there are werecats!
6. Again, write this!
This was a really hard topic, but I love how yo included the pictures as inspiration. The hot air balloon one is my favorite. Thanks for visiting 🙂
Oh, I like your pictures! Especially that last one, it has lots of potential. Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf
I found it really hard thinking of my wish list too! I LOVE those pictures, so many ideas come to mind. I love the house at the end of the dock! 🙂
My TTT 🙂
Great list! It seems like you have set yourself up to write an epic tale!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings