Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join.
The topic for this week is: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Me!
This was a topic that was a Top Ten Tuesday last year and I do now own four of those ten books and have read three. I won’t include the other six books from last year’s list here because there are a thousand other books I’d love to receive!
I’ve decided to list ten (and trust me – it’s hard to restrain myself to just ten!) books that have been released and I haven’t got my hands on a copy yet.
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – I only heard of this book a few weeks ago. Erica from Theft and Sorcery mentioned that for the End of Year Survey she would probably only use this one book. It sounds fantastic.
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – Have you ever felt like a book is stalking you? This is one of those books that I keep seeing everywhere. I feel like it might be a sign that I should read it. I’ve read some great reviews for it and the premise sounds interesting.
- Someday Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham (Also that one by Monica Seles [The Academy – Game On] if we’re going with Celebrity books) – I only really want to read this because I’ve been a Lauren Graham fan since Gilmore Girls.
- Holier than Thou by Laura Buzo – I always like to discover new to me Aussie authors and Holier than Thou looks right up my alley.
- The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot – As a Heather Wells fan since way back I can’t wait to get around to reading the wedding!
6. Once We Were by Kat Zhang – This is the second book in the Hybrid Chronicles. I thought What’s Left of Me (the first one) was well done and would like to see where Ms. Zhang takes the characters next.
7. Golden by Jessi Kirby – I have cover lust for this one.
8. Well Read Women: Portraits of Fiction’s Most Beloved Heroines by Samantha Hahn – I’ve wanted to get my hands on a copy of this book since I saw Books and Quills September Book Haul. The illustrations are gorgeous and I like the idea of having quotes and drawings from fabulous fictional heroines.
9. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
10. The Golem and the Djinn by Helene Wecker – This is an adult book but it looks lovely. I borrowed it from my local library but had to return it before I finished it. And then – and you know it’s a great book when this happens – there was a few month wait to reserve it.
I love making up wish lists. Realistically I can’t see myself unwrapping any of these books tomorrow but it was fun to write my list and if I get any gift cards then I already have my shopping list here! 😀
I apologize if there are any huge messes in this post. I’m babysitting my niece and she decided it was more fun to play on her Aunt’s computer than to watch Play School.. She loves the caps lock button and typing things that I’m sure make sense to her 20-month-old self. I triple checked to make sure there’s not any random Niece typing. Also – she loves reading and I’m sure that for Christmas she would love Mr Mo by Roger Hargraves. Or at least I hope she does since I bought her a copy!